- 1 What is the Best Manual Pole Saw to Buy
- 2 10 Best Manual Pole Saw Reviews:
- 2.1 Silky Telescopic 179-39 Pole Saw
- 2.2 Fiskars 393951-1001 Extendable Pole Saw & Pruner
- 2.3 Gilmour 20-18 16-Inch Curved Blade Pole Saw
- 2.4 DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw
- 2.5 Fiskars 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner (93016059J)
- 2.6 Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series Landscaper
- 2.7 Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
- 2.8 ARS LA-180ZR203 4-to-7-Feet Long Reach Pruner
- 2.9 Silky 272-18 Telescoping Zubat PROFESSIONAL Series
- 2.10 Fiskars 393981-1001 502999 14′ Extend Tree Pruner
- 3 Why Choose Manual Pole Saw?
What is the Best Manual Pole Saw to Buy
When you want a beautiful yard or a garden you required a Best Manual Pole Saw to work on perfecting the trees, which means cutting down branches from high above. This is what you need to cut down those high up branches as it offers sturdy support with precise cutting without having to climb up. It is nothing but a saw fixed at the end of the pole.
The saw can be either powered through another source like gas/electricity or it could simply be a pruning saw at the end of the pole which is called as the manual pole saw. Irrespective of how it works, It is mainly used for pruning large shrubs and trees without the use of a ladder. It makes pruning job much easier and faster by eliminating the time for climbing up and down the ladder.
If you search online, you will find a variety of brands. Initially you need to understand your requirements before choosing a good one. Here in this article, we bring to you top 10 pole saw with Reviews that will prove quite beneficial for your requirement.
10 Best Manual Pole Saw Reviews:
|Ranking||Brand & Model||Overhead Reach||Warranty||Price|
|1||Silky 179-39||Up to 26 Ft||Lifetime||Check Price|
|2||Fiskars 393951-1001||Up to 12 Ft||Limited Lifetime||Check Price|
|3||Gilmour 20-18||Up to 18 Ft||Limited Lifetime||Check Price|
|4||DocaPole 6-24||Up to 22Ft||Lifetime||Check Price|
|5||Fiskars 93016059J||Up to 21 Ft||Limited Lifetime||Check Price|
|6||Jameson LS-6PKG-6||Up to 14 Ft||Lifetime||Check Price|
|7||Hooyman Extendable||NA||Lifetime||Check Price|
|8||ARS LA-180ZR203||NA||Limited Lifetime||Check Price|
|9||Silky 272-18||7.7 Ft to 13 Ft||Limited Lifetime||Check Price|
|10||Fiskars 393981-1001||4Ft to 7 Ft||Limited Lifetime||Check Price|
Silky Telescopic 179-39 Pole Saw
With an amazing reach of 21 feet, this is a professional and most expensive of the models in the market. If you have quite a few trees to take care of or you are looking at overhead landscaping at your place or if you are a professional whose main job is gardening, then you would find this to be quite impressive and useful. It is quite lighter and has an amazing cut despite the length of the pole.
- Durable and premium quality
- Ergonomic design.
- Can reach up to 21ft.
- The blade is easily removable.
- An expensive model pole saw.
- Oval snugly fit poles
- Rigid aluminum construction.
- Two locking mechanisms for support
- Lighter in weight.
- Hooks on saw blade for better grip.
Fiskars 393951-1001 Extendable Pole Saw & Pruner
Looking for an affordable and a premium pole saw, then the Fiskars is just for you. With a maximum reach at 12 feet, it may not be the tallest, but it makes up for it with other features. The WoodZig saw blade of 15 inches is considered as the best in the market, and the entire body is constructed in fiberglass which offers amazing durability. It is easy to use and is quite convenient too which makes it an obvious choice.
- Lightweight fiberglass for poles
- Warranty for the lifetime
- Steel pruner for small branches
- Double-grind saw for larger branches
- Pole length is only 12ft.
- Double locking system for pole length.
- Non-stick blade to cut through the sap.
- Hardened steel for the blade
- Lifetime durability assured.
Gilmour 20-18 16-Inch Curved Blade Pole Saw
A non-stick blade attachment which will take care of all your trimming and branch pruning needs at a price that is well within your budget is what Gilmour offers. This is of extreme help when you have to cut through branches with sap or resin as the blade will not stick to the branch and will ensure a smooth cut. Cast aluminum in the making ensures that the blade, the pole and the hook last for a longer period.
- Solid fiberglass for the pole
- Lighter in weight and durable.
- Cast aluminum for longer life
- Easy to use on sticky branches.
- Product not as advertised sometimes.
- Hook to pull the cut branches.
- Fiberglass pole
- Cast aluminum durable saw head.
- Non-stick blade to cut sticky branches
DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw
This is a two in one saw which can be used as a pole saw when extended and as a handheld the tool in case of grooming the lower branches and shrubs. The length of the pole saw, at 24 feet ensures that you reach to amazing heights and the easy to collapse feature allows for easy storage as well. It is found to be an optimal tool for multiple purposes, for both amateurs, DIY-ers and professional landscaping experts.
- Longest pole reaches 24ft.
- Easy to store and transport.
- Thumb clasps and multiple angle tip
- Works with multiple attachments.
- At full length, cannot handle much pressure
- A two in one saw for all your gardening needs.
- Sturdy handle with a comfortable grip.
- Lightweight premium aluminum construction.
- ACME threaded metal tip.
Fiskars 14 Foot Power-Lever Extendable Tree Pruner (93016059J)
While not very tall, the Fiskars Power lever extendable tree pruner when you are on a tight budget. With a reach of up to 14 feet, this comes with some incredible features which might be slightly over killing for the job it is entitled to. From one of the best blades ever on a pole saw, the Fiskars tree pruner is meant for a lifetime trimming of branches with ease to glide between branches.
- Easily adjustable pole length
- Non-stick blade of 15 inches
- Easy to work on sticky branches.
- Hardened steel for heavy work
- Fiberglass ensures durability.
- Not viable for taller trees.
- Factory equipped WoodZig saw blade.
- Durable fiberglass construction on pole.
- Hardened 15 inches steel blade.
- Low friction paint on the blade for easy cut.
- One thumb release lock mechanism.
Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series Landscaper
Set of three separate poles, with each measuring 6 feet, this landscape pole saw offers you a total reach of 18 feet when you attach the poles. The ferrule mechanism on the extension ensures that the parts are held in place when you fit them. The hollow fiberglass make ensures that you have a durable component which is also lighter in weight. The blade is tough enough even to cut logs of diameter 32 inches along with branches.
- Varying pole length with adjustable parts.
- Efficient cutting with 16” blade.
- Can cut through 32” log
- Tougher fiberglass for durability.
- The handle is uncomfortable to hold.
- Expensive price range.
- Branch hook to bring down branches.
- Tri-cut saw for efficient cutting
- Tougher blade and durable product.
- Can reach up to 18ft.
Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
The tree saws from Hooyman are the outcome of research done extensively in the field, and hence they offer you unparalleled features. With a rock solid extension and a super sharp blade, this is easy for the user to handle any branch size. The angle of the blade ensures that the cutting is not a struggle. The reach is quite outstanding, and the product has pretty good durability as well making it a good buy for the landscaping needs.
- Extendable to 10 feet
- Unmatched durability and cutting efficiency
- High-quality carbon steel blade.
- Lock back curved blade.
- Robust designing and solid performance.
- Not for heavy-duty cutting.
- Ergonomically designed with lock back blade.
- Durable and amazing cutting performance.
- Positive extension system on locking.
- Carbon steel for the blade.
ARS LA-180ZR203 4-to-7-Feet Long Reach Pruner
A simple pruner that is as straight as a pole pruner can get, this pole pruner can take care of branches that are less than a thickness of 1-1.5 inches. The blade is made of forged aluminum in the scissor model which can be activated through a single lever. And what makes the pole saw the best choice for beginners is that it doesn’t require you to have any experience handling such tools. With a maximum reach of 7 feet, it comes with an adjustable swing neck.
- Weighs only 2.2 pounds
- Handle designed ergonomically.
- Less force required to operate.
- Blade made of die-cast aluminum
- Easy to operate for anyone.
- Short pole length
- Can cut only 1-1/4 in diameter.
- Durable and easy to use.
- Lighter in weight
- Apt for beginners
- Versatile angle for the neck.
Silky 272-18 Telescoping Zubat PROFESSIONAL Series
A two-part pole saw which can extend up to 13 feet, this telescopic pole saw comes with an impulse hardened 13-inch factory fitted blade. The blade has 6.5 teeth for every inch, and this technology is referred to as the “Silky MIRAI-ME” by the manufacturing brand Silky. The pole saw is fine-tuned for cutting through smaller branches and for some fine pruning. With 4 different angles to the blades, the cutting is more efficient than ever.
- Clean cut with 4 angled teeth.
- Locking pin button for extending the length.
- Efficient transmission of force to blade.
- Less effort and more work.
- No hook for pulling branches.
- Shorter pole with only 13ft.
- Weighs only 3.8 pounds.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Can be used for hours.
Fiskars 393981-1001 502999 14′ Extend Tree Pruner
Affordability is what Fiskars is known for, and they bring to you yet another pole saw that is worth every penny you pay them. It reaches up to a height of 14 feet, and the features are something which is over the board for the job it is meant to be. With a factory fitted blade, this pole saw is apt for pruning branches and tall shrubs and is dependable for life long.
- Easily adjustable pole length.
- Lock and unlock in one thumb
- Lightweight fiberglass construction.
- Easy to use and strong build
- Not suited for very tall trees.
- Hardened steel blade to handle heavy work.
- Lasting fiberglass pole
- One thumb release lock mechanism
- Easy for cutting sticky branches.
Why Choose Manual Pole Saw?
- Lighter in weight, the manual pole saws can be used with ease, and you don’t have to worry about hurting your back when you are pruning the branches high above.
- You can find them in different lengths, longer than the powered options. You can get them in length as long as 21feet.
- There are no wires or cable lines you might get tangled with, and you don’t have to struggle to start up the engine either.
- When you are working with a Best manual pole saw, you can work peacefully and feel content as you shape up the garden the way you want.
Things to Consider When Buying a Manual Pole Saw
Like every purchase you would make, you need to make sure that you get the right product to make the best out of your investment. You should first decide on the type of pole saw that you want to buy post which you have to look for the below factors as well.
- Pole length: We decide to buy a Best manual pole saw so that we could reach to the heights without using a ladder. This is why you need to carefully consider the length of the pole saw you want to buy. You have to consider the height of the person using it and also remember that more the height, tougher it will be to balance.
- Quality: Do not ever compromise on the quality of the pole saw that you want to buy. You can check the reviews of the users and past consumers to understand whether you want to buy is worth the money.
- Product flexibility: It is also to be considered if the pole saw can be used in more ways than one. You should go for one where the saw blade can be removed when not required and re-attached when there are larger branches to take down.
- Period: Longevity is another factor that you cannot overlook. It is important to see how long the pole saw sustain its performance as you cannot keep buying a new one every time.
How to Use a Manual Pole Saw?
When you are using a pole saw to prune those branches high above, you are treading into dangerous territory, and if you don’t follow the safety instructions, you might get hurt easily. Do remember to keep yourself and others safe while using a manual pole saw.
- First, clear up the area around the tree to ensure that there is no danger to anyone.
- You have to plan on where to cut. Keep in mind that removal of a single branch will require several jump cuts to be done correctly.
- Position the saw so that it rests properly on the branch that needs to be cut.
- Never stand below the branch that you want to cut and if you have an adjustable length use that features to create as much distance possible from you to the branch.
- Remember to clear the area after cutting down a branch to make sure you don’t trip over it.
How to Take Care Of Your Manual Pole Saw?
- The chain oil reservoir should have the oil filled in before use.
- Ensure that all the screws and nuts and bolts are tightened.
- Check for any damages and replace if required.
- Ensure that the chain tension is right before using.
- After your job, loosen the chain for it can damage the pole saw if wounded too tight after use.
- Ensure that the passages are oiled so that the chain can spin free.
- Clean using a wet cloth after use and store safely.
As you can see, there are plenty of pole saws available in the market from various brands, and each offers a variety of features catering to different requirements. While every pole saw has its benefit, we would suggest that you go for the unit that is much suited for your requirements. If the pole saw is needed for cutting branches high above, then you should look for ones that have the maximum length and sturdy build. If not you can go for the shorter length pole saws to get the job done. Choosing the right equipment is almost equivalent to getting the job half done.